Ruth Mills of Cedar Park passed away peacefully on October 2, 2018, at the age of 96. She was born in 1922 in Electra, Texas, to George and Otha Bundrick. The Bundrick Family moved to Muleshoe, Texas in 1928 where Ruth attended school and graduated in 1940. During her formative years, Ruth learned to play the guitar and sing. She appeared regularly on the Muleshoe radio station to sing and play her guitar. After graduation, Ruth moved to Clovis, New Mexico where she met and married Frank E Mills, serving in the US Army as a Military Police Officer. Married in 1944 and after the end of WWII, the family moved to Borger, Texas. There, Ruth and Frank worked and attended Frank Phillips College. In 1952, the family moved to Austin, Texas, where Ruth began her nursing career in the Labor and Delivery Section of the original St. David’s Hospital on E.32nd Street. She subsequently worked for Drs. Don Spencer and Michael Nacol until her retirement in the mid 1980s.Ruth was a devout Christian and most recently a member of Leander Baptist Church. She praised her Lord and lived to serve Him. She faithfully shared the gospel with all, whether stranger or friend.
Ruth was preceded in death by her husband of 52 years, Frank E. Mills who died in 1996; brother George Bundrick, sisters; Marie Bowsher and husband Lloyd and Mable Williams and husband Loye. Ruth is survived by her son Malcolm and his wife Jeannene Mills of Austin and grandchildren Sean Mills and wife Lee; Darin Mills; and Meredith Gregston and her husband Drew, as well as six great-grand children, all of Austin. Ruth is also survived by a son Gary Long of Amarillo and three additional grandchildren Steven, Bryan and Tammy and numerous other family members.
The family would like to thank the staff of Park Manor-Bee Cave for their wonderful and compassionate care during her stay.
Services will be held at All Faith’s Funeral Service at 8507 N. IH 35, Austin, on Monday, October 8, with visitation at 10:00 am and Services at 11:00 am. Burial will follow at Bagdad Cemetery in Leander, Texas.